Friends, in this article, we will talk about Netgear wifi extender setup in detail, so if you want to know more about Netgear setup, then read this article thoroughly till the end.
Netgear is a huge international brand which is known all over the world for manufacturing high-quality wireless products. It offers a wide range of different types of wifi extenders and mesh wifi. It makes its products keeping in mind all kinds of budget segments.
If you have bought a Netgear wifi extender according to your budget but are facing trouble setting it up, read the following carefully.
How to setup Netgear wifi extender
If you want to set up your Netgear wifi extender with a router, you can follow the steps mentioned below. Before we start, we want to tell you that you can also do this process from your smartphone, laptop and computer. We are going to use our smartphones to set up here.
- First of all, plug your Netgear wifi extender on the socket and turn it on.
- Now scan the new wifi signal in your smartphone.
- Now connect the Netgear_EXT signal as in the picture.
- Now open the Chrome browser and visit mywifiext.net.
- Now select Username, Password, and Security question and click on Next Button.
- Then press the YES button to use Netgear genie.
- Now it will scan the nearest wifi signal.
- Now select your router’s wifi signal and click Next.
- Now enter the router password and click Next.
- Now select “same as existing network password”, as shown in the picture and next.
- Now give one more confirmation.
- Now, wait for some time for the process to complete.
Just as soon as this process is finished, your Netgear wifi extender will be set up with the router, and then you will be able to use it as a secondary router. Also, you can connect a wired device to an ethernet port, same as a router and enjoy stable internet.
The above process can be used for all types of Netgear wifi extenders or repeaters. Also, the setup is almost the same in other models, so that you can give it a try.
Netgear wifi extender is an inexpensive and helpful device to maintain the signal in your home’s dead zone network area, which you can look for according to your need and budget.
We hope that you have found the above information very helpful and you have got to learn a lot from it. If yes, then definitely share it with all your friends and relatives. Also, if you still have any questions about Netgear wifi extender setup, you can tell in the comment below.