If you are searching on the internet about how to set up a tp-link, then definitely read this post. In this article, we will talk about how to set up a tp-link wifi extender.
Tp-link is a very well-known and significant brand. It is trendy for all its products. It has been making wifi extenders for the past several years. There are many different wifi extenders of this brand.
If you have purchased a new Tp-link wifi repeater and now find it difficult to connect to the router, you can set it up by following the steps mentioned below.
Below we’ve outlined a simple setup process to help you connect all types of wifi repeaters and extenders to a router.
How to setup Tp-link wifi extender
If you are also facing difficulty setting up your wifi repeater or extender with the router, you can follow the steps below. We are using a smartphone to set it up here. You can also set it up from your laptop or desktop.
- First, plug your Tp-link extender into the socket and then turn it on.
- Now, wait for the blinking process of the LED light to finish.
- Now go to the wifi settings of your smartphone and search for the wifi available.
- Now connect the Tp-link extender to the wifi signal.
- Now open your browser and visit tplinkreapter.net.
- Now enter your new password twice and click Next. (which you want to create a password)
- Now select the router signal from the available wifi networks.
- Then enter its password and click Next. (router wifi password)
- Now it will ask for permission to set up only the wifi name and password of the router, confirm it, and do it next.
- Now, wait for a while, and your setup will be complete.
After some time, when the process is complete, your setup will be done, and now you can use your wifi repeater just like a router, with the wifi name and password everything being almost the same.
Also, if you want to connect your wired device, you can still connect via ethernet cable. This wifi repeater will act as a secondary router in a way.
If you can’t get wifi coverage in an area of your home, a wifi repeater is a cheap and fantastic way to increase the signal range. You can use the above method with all types of Tp-link extenders or repeaters.
FAQs: How To Tp Link Wifi Extender Setup
If you have come by reading the above article step by step, you must have got the answer.
Follow the instructions on the box to connect it. Also, you can read our post How to connect TP-Link Extender for more information.
Most routers don’t have a WPS button, so don’t worry; you can still set it up. I believe you can do this by reading the above information.
No, wifi Extender cannot be used without a router. Wifi Extender is a simple device that works to increase the wifi coverage of your existing router, so it is essential to connect to the router.
So we hope that after reading the above information, you can easily set up your tp-link extender with router. If yes, then do share it with all your friends and relatives.